JIRA Ninja Green Belt
Congratulations, you're halfway there! Continue your training, and the black belt will soon be in your possession.
To receive your Green Belt, you must first learn the following:
- Add and Configure Dashboard Gadgets
- Share a Dashboard
- Enable HTML Emails
Add and Configure Dashboard Gadgets
Since you've already received your white and yellow belts (right?), you should have a dashboard to personalize with gadgets.
To add a gadget, click the 'Add Gadget' button at the top-right of the dashboard. This brings up the Gadget Directory, where you can find a gadget to add by scrolling through the list, searching, or selecting a gadget category. Once you find one you'd like to add, just click 'Add it now' to place it on the dashboard. Add as many gadgets as you'd like, then when you're done, click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the directory to return to the dashboard.
Each gadget has a dropdown menu you can access by clicking the down arrow in the top-right corner of the gadget. This menu allows you to to modify the gadget by changing its color, deleting it, editing its details, and more.
Your dashboard can have one, two or three columns with varying widths. To configure this layout, click the 'Edit Layout' button at the top-right of the dashboard.
For more information on dashboards, check out the documentation.
Share a Dashboard
After you've created a dashboard, you can share it with other JIRA users.
How to do it:
- Select 'Manage Dashboards' from the 'Dashboards' dropdown menu in the top navigation bar.
- Click the 'My' tab to display your dashboards if it's not already selected.
- In the 'Operations' column to the right of the dashboard you'd like to share, click 'Edit.'
- Choose whether you would like to share your dashboard with 'Everyone,' or a specific 'Project' or 'Group.'
- Click the 'Add' button to apply your sharing preferences and save the dashboard.
If you want to learn more, see the documentation.
Enable HTML Emails
Some email clients display HTML emails better than plain text emails. If you don't like the way the plain text emails look, you should try out HTML.
How to do it:
- Click the arrow next to your name in the top right corner of JIRA, and select 'Profile.'
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the 'Preferences' section.
- Click on the 'Email Type' dropdown and select 'HTML' then click 'Update.'